Papaya is called Erandkarkati in Sanskrit which can be translated as the castor cucumber. 🥒🍑🥒🍑
The leaves have similarity with the castor oil leaves and the fruit is like a cucumber. ☘️☘️
The fruit contains many digestive enzymes and it aids in absorption and assimilation of food. Papaya is abundant in vitamins, such as Vitamin B, Vitamin A and Vit C and is filled with minerals such as sodium and potassium.
It is extremely helpful for people suffering from
1. Enzyme deficiency
2. Colic, IBS, flatulence
4. Loss of appetite
6. Worms and parasitic infestation
7. promotes liver and function of the pancreas
8. Reduces blood sugar
Its Ayurvedic properties:
Taste: sweet and pungent
Vipaka/ post digestive taste: heating (katu)
Milk: 🥛 🍑
The milk of the raw papaya has anti bacterial and anti viral properties and is very useful to apply to mouth ulcers
Warm the leaves of the papaya tree and apply as a hot poultice on the affected arthritic joints.
Crush the seeds and make a powder, this can be taken internally (only with supervision) to treat worms.
Note: Papaya should be avoided during the pregnancy 🤰
According to Ayurveda fruit is best eaten alone. Papaya is also very tasty when steamed and eaten warm 😋
Some Ayurvedic formulations containing Erandakarkati
1. Ashmariharakashaya: is an Ayurvedic decoction given to treat urinary calculi
2. Caripill, a patent Ayurvedic formulation
Papaya has also wonderful benefits when applied externally.
Try this super easy to prepare face pack.
Face pack for dark spots (depigmentation)
Mash the papaya with some milk and apply to your face – all those enzymes will make your skin glowing 🥰🥰🥰 and smelling of papaya 🍑. Yum
We hope you love Papayas as much as we do. With love your Lakshmi Ayurveda team 🧡
PS: some more interesting information about papaya leave juice
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.