A great way to spend the weekend with my parents before they are leaving back home to Germany.
Dad can’t wait to get his hands on a bottle of Brahmi/ Amla hair growth oil 😉
We will prepare this from scratch. Watch the space.
The Sanskrit word Brahmi is derived from ‘brahma’ the creator of the universe.
Ayurvedic properties are:
- Rasa: tikta and kashaya
- Guna: laghu (light) and sara(laxative)
- Virya: sheeta
- Vipaka: madhura
- Prabhava/ special potency: alleviates apasmara/ epilepsy and unmada/ hysteria
- Dosha: Tridosha mainly Kaphapittahara, can increase Vata in excess
It’s Ayurvedic actions are: 😮
- Medhya, intellect promoting, boosts the memory,
- Useful in disorders such as epilepsy (Apasmara)
- Rasayana, it is also praised as a Majjadhatu rasayana as it rejuvenates the nervous system. Useful in Parkinson’s, ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome.
- Shotha/ oedema – brahmi has a mild diuretic property
- Smritiprada – promotes the intellect and intelligence.
- Samjna sthapana- restores consciousness
- Ayushya – increases longevity
- Vishahara – anti poising properties
- Kasa/ cough. In hoarseness of voice brahmi, pippali, vasa and haridra is chewed.
- Pandu/ Anaemia
- Prameha/ Diabetes.
- Kusthaghna – alleviates skin conditions especially with an underlying nervous imbalance.
- Anuloma – redirects the flow of vata downwards
- Hridaya – heart tonic
- Balya- gives strength (especially to the mind)
- It can cool the heat of cystitis and pain of dysuria by eliminating pitta out of the mutravahasrotas. Medicated milk with brahmi is best for this.
- Brahmi nourishes all seven dhatus (tissues)
Parts used: The whole plant
Brahmi can also be used externally: The paste prepared of Brahmi churna is applied in arthritis to relieve the pain and swelling of the joints.
The medicated oil of Brahmi augments hair growth and imparts calming effect on the mind.
We wish you a beautiful Sunday.
With Love Karin 🙏♥️
#brahmi #mind #memory #stress #relaxation # hairgrowth #ayurveda #lakshmi
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.