Ayurveda describes a regime to follow by the couple before pregnancy.
The first step towards a successful conception is the purification of the body (for male and female).
Panchakarma (purification treatment) aims to enhance the quality of the following 4 factors.
- Rtu (regular menstrual cycle)
- Beeja (Shukra and Arthava – healthy sperm and ovum)
- Ksheetra (healthy endometrial thickness)
- Ambu (sufficient and unobstructed blood circulation)
These factors are needed for conception. The Vedas contain very detailed description of the process to help and produce a healthy child.
This is a verse from the classical Ayurvedic text – Susruta Samhita Sarirasthana
Dhruvan caturnam sannidhyat
garbhah syat vidhi-purvakam
samagryat ankuro yatha
In the process of bringing about a healthy crop, it is important that the season is appropriate, the soil be cured, the provision of water be optimum and the seed be of high quality.
Similarly, for conception it is important that the season and occasion be suitable, the woman and her womb be free of illness, the availability of nutrition for development of the foetus be optimum and the seed (sperm and ovum) be healthy and potent.
The Ayurvedic pre conception care is so rich in knowledge that I would very much recommend this to everyone planning a pregnancy. Not everyone has the opportunity to do a Panchakarma programme but there is so much else we can do. Such as following a suitable diet, dinacharya (daily routine), rtucharya (seasonal routine), ayurvedic medicines, yoga, ayurvedic body treatments (abhyanga, shirodhara …)
My heart was filled with joy when I have just received this email so I wanted to share this with you.
The email is from a lady who has done a classical panchakarma in December 2016.
It is so nice to hear from you and to learn that you are expanding and more people will be able to enjoy your wonderful treatments.
I also have some news for you – I am 12 week regnant and the baby is due in September. Actually, I got pregnant immediately after I finished panchakarma so thanks a lot to you and your team. I hope to see you again as soon as I am ready for my next panchakarma (not for the next baby but just for my personal health and well-being 🙂)
With best wishes,
With warm regards from Karin Lakshmi Ayurveda
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.