Online shop available soon for the whole Lakshmi range
Elakizhi (Patra Pinda Sweda)
A sweating therapy, in which fresh eranda leaves are fried with other herbal ingredients, tied into boluses, dipped into warm medicated oil and applied over the whole body or affected body buy generic valtrex cheap part. The herbal bags are padded over joints, thus draining toxins and giving wonderful relief to muscular tension. It is applied after Abhyanga / oil massage.
Indication: Chronic back pain, joint stiffness, muscular pain, sciatica, spondylosis, sprain, cramps, anti-aging and rejuvenation
Mung Bean Kitchari
A nourishing, cleansing meal of Mung Dhal, Basmati rice, medicinal spices and ghee
The split yellow mung bean, also known as yellow mung is simply the whole green mung bean with the green hull removed and split.
It is considered the very best bean in the Ayurvedic diet. They are Tridoshic (good for all body types), detoxifying, nourishing and satisfying.
It provides the body with one of the best high protein foods and is easy to digest. Kitchari simply means rice and bean mixture.
The prominent tastes (rasas) of this sattvic Kitchari recipe are sweet (madhura), pungent (katu) and astringent (kashaya).
1/4 cup split yellow mung beans
1/4 cup white Basmati rice
1 and 3/4 cups of water
1/4 inch slice fresh ginger
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 heaped tsp ghee
1 pinch Hing
1 slice of live
The beans do not need soaking in water. Combine the rice with the mung beans and wash twice.
1. Bring the water to boil in a saucepan. Add mung beans, basmati rice, fresh ginger. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 buy genuine propecia online minutes until tender with porridge like consistency.
2. Melt the ghee in a saucepan. Add all the spices stir until slightly browned. Then mix into rice and beans. This is important to release the energy of the spices. Cook for about 20 minutes. As an option add dices vegetables.
3. Top with freshly chopped coriander and serve and enjoy!
Rasayana / Rejuvenation therapy
Rejuvenation therapy has unimaginable and wonderful effects. According to the classical ayurvedic text it promotes life, maintains positive health, preserves youth, enhances intelligence, memory and strength. It maintains proper balance of Vata – Pitta and Kapha.
Rasayana is the branch of Ayurveda which aims at preventing or removing degenerative processes, eliminating diseases and prolonging lifespan. It stimulates digestion and metabolism and bring about excellence in complexion.
Rasayana therapy of Ayurveda is one of the major methods of the preservation of health as prescribed in the Ayurvedic system of medicine.
Ayurveda Rasayana drugs generally possess potent antioxidant and immunostimulant activity.
Rasayana could have a major impact on disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, alzheimers, parkinson and CVS disorders.
How is it done?
1. Aushadha Rasayana – herbs such as Amalaki, Ashwagandha, Shatavari and Brahmi
2. Ajasrika Rasayana – dietetics, treatments such as abhyanga/ oil massage, shirodhara, pinda sveda), sattvic/ wholesome diet, personal hygiene and daily practices such as yoga, mediation and pranayama.
3. Acara Rasayana – sattvic behaviour, good social behaviour, truthfulness, avoid harming others.
Popular Rasayana formulations
1. Chyavanprash – superior of all rasayana formulations . It is one of the most popular ayurvedic preparations and contains 42 ingredients. The main ingredient is Amalaki. Scientific and evidence based studies have summarised that Chyavanprash modulates immune response, alleviates toxic effects of anticancer drug and it exhibits antioxidant properties.
2. Ashwagandha leha
3. Brahmi Rasayana
4. Pippali Rasayana
5. Amalaki Rasayana
6. Shatavari Rasayana
Lakshmi Ayurveda is a centre for promoting health and wellbeing. Our aim is to bring the essence of Ayurveda to Australia making it easily accessible for everyone. The centre is run by a fully accredited and qualified Ayurveda practitioner.
Basti/ medicated enema treatment now available!
For more information please refer to treatment page
Just as a tree irrigated with water at the root produces blue leaves, become beautiful with tender leaves, and during the course of time grows to produce flowers and fruits, similarly a person becomes young and beautiful by the administration of Anuvasana.
Charaka Si 1:29