A beautifully red herb with ancient roots.
Manjistha is one of Ayurveda’s top herbs. It is most commonly known for its beautiful red colour and for its many benefits to the skin. Manjistha has been used in ancient traditions for thousands of years. If you research more about Manjistha, you will learn that it’s been used to colour clothing thousands of years ago, even in ancient Egypt.
The roots of Manjistha are used to produce medicine.
Ayurvedic qualities of Manjistha
- Rasa: Madhura, Tikta, Katu
- Virya: Sheeta
- Dosha: Great for both Pitta and Kapha Doshas. In excess it can increase Vata dosha but within reasonable use, it should have a tridoshic effect.
- Dhatu: Rasa, Rakta, Mamsa
- Blood purification.
- Diuretic action.
- Skin conditions – acne, dermatitis, psoriasis.
- Bleeding disorders.
- Wound healing.
Ways to use Manjistha
- Internally through power, tablet or kashayam.
- Manjistha is one of the herbs in our homemade varna lepa, Ayurvedic face pack. Great for promoting the complexion.
- Externally with an Ayurvedic oil such as Pinda Thailam or Manjisthadi Thailam. Great for treating excess Pitta in the skin.
- Manjistha powder can be mixed with other herbs to apply to skin conditions such as rash, pimples and more.
If manjistha sounds like it could be beneficial for you, you are welcome to book in with one of our practitioners to discuss further. The link to book is in our bio.
#lakshmiayurveda #manjistha #ayurvedicherbs #ayurveda #ayurvedicherb #ayurvedictreatment #skin #improveskin #skincondition #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia #manjisthadithailam #varnyalepa #ayurvedictreatement * 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱