Overexposure to the sun can lead to premature aging, wrinkles, and dry and patchy skin. Ayurveda provides recommendations for maintaining a youthful glow while still enjoying the sun 🌞
One way to protect yourself from the sun is with sunscreen 🧴 This is a must in the Australian sun! You can choose to make your own sun protection at home using all-natural ingredients such as👇
- Non-nano zinc oxide
- Coconut oil
- Shea butter
- Olive oil
- Cocoa butter
- Sandalwood powder
There are numerous recipes available on the web to make your own. I find the combination of these ingredients hydrating and nourishing for my skin. It feels light and breathable. I have used it while swimming and it holds well 🌊 Plus it is environmentally friendly!
IMPORTANT! ‼️ Wearing sun protection does not warrant overexposure to the sun. Sunscreen and protection are not to be used for extended periods in the sun. Combine sun protection with additional Ayurvedic recommendations to stay safe.
- Stay out of the sun at the peak of the day
- Wear light and breathable clothing like cotton and linen
- Wear long sleeves and a hat 👒
- When not exposed to the sun, use Kumkumadi or coconut oil as a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated
- Use rose water as a natural toner for the face and to keep cool 🌹
Do you make your own sunscreen? If so, we would love to hear about your experience.
#ayurveda #sunscreen #sun #sunprotection #zinc #zincoxide #summer #summertips #ayurvedictips #ayurvedaandsummer #summerrecommendations #homemade #natural #nontoxic #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.