According to Ayurveda, what is the best treatment to undergo during Autumn?
Seasonal change is noted as an optimal time to undergo Panchakarma detoxification treatments in Ayurveda.
Autumn = Vata 💨 season.
Autumn = Pitta 🔥 Provocation season.
What does this mean? Read more below.
The qualities of Vata increase and more dryness, roughness, cold and mobility increase with Autumn 💨 With these changes, we should make subtle alterations to our routine and eating habits to encourage an easy seasonal transition.
Moving out of Summer season, Pitta 🔥 Dosha is in a state of provocation, called prakopa in Ayurveda. Therefore we would focus on undergoing Ayurvedic cleansing procedures geared to cleanse the organs associated with Pitta – such as the liver, gall bladder, spleen and small intestine.
Excess Pitta in the system can manifest in the organs mentioned above – often resulting in rashes, inflammation of the skin, acne and increased body heat 🔥
Virechana Karma is the best cleanse for this.
What is the process of Virechana?
A herbal laxative is administered in the early morning to expel malas (waste products) and toxins in the downwards direction ⬇️ After the virechana herbs are administered, a series of loose bowel movements will follow.
In addition to Virechana, it is also important that we keep Vata Dosha balanced during this time. Basti enema treatments are the best detox program to balance Vata Dosha. A combination of Virechana and Basti treatments are ideal for this season.
Other tips for Autumn:
- Follow your daily routine as recommended by your practitioner.
- Abhyanga oil massage daily at home – great for calming the nervous system, encouraging healthy sleeping patterns, strengthening the body and improving circulation.
- Moist, nourishing and grounding foods are recommended.
- Refrain from eating raw, cold and light food, as they will further aggravate the already heightened state of Vata.
You are welcome to book in a consultation with one of our practitioners to discuss a seasonal cleanse appropriate for you. Booking is available via the link in our bio ✨
#virechana #autumn #seasonal #cleansing #detox #seasonalcleansing #ayurvediccleansing #ayurvedicdetox #panchakarma #lakshmiayurveda #ayurveda #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia #ayurvedictreatment #autumnseason #diet #lifestyle #balance #pitta #vata #ayurvedafremantle #fremantle #digestion #detoxification #seasonaldetox
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.