Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! Instead of purchasing chocolates, try this delicious and organic rose halva as a healthier alternative!
- 1 large handful of golden raisins or sultanas.
- 3 chopped dates.
- 1 large handful of cashews.
- 1 small handful of activated almonds.
- ¼ cup ghee.
- 1½ cup water.
- 1 tablespoon of organic rose water.
- 1cup of semolina.
- 1 cup of raw sugar or an alternative of your choice.
- Pinch or two of ground cardamom
• Melt the ghee. Add the raisins, dates, almonds and cashews to brown and set aside.
• Boil water. When it has cooled add the rose water. Make sure the rose water is food grade!
• In saucepan mix semolina and ghee together and cook over medium heat until light brown. About 3 minutes.
• Add the sugar and cardamom followed by the water, raisins and cashews.
• Continue to stir to avoid lumps over medium heat, about one minute.
• Pour into a cake pan and press flat. Let it cool and cut to serve. Decorate with roses.
For other great recipes, our EBook is available in our online shop and stay tuned for the launch of our new cookbook.
With lots of love from the Lakshmi Team – Enjoy the recipe and the day of love!