We have had clients inquiring about Ayurvedic recommendations to follow during home isolation.
As the borders start to open up here in WA we are excited for people to be reunited with their loved ones. We hope this time can bring some positivity into the community as people are able to reunite.
Below are a few Ayurvedic tips if you have had to quarantine due to COVID-19. We are in the process of finalising our Ayurvedic Immunity Kits which include many of the recommended items mentioned below.
Ayurveda talks about the concept of Ahara, Vihara and Aushadi. Translated from Sanskrit this is food, lifestyle and medicine. We combine all three to ensure optimal treatment for each client.
Recommended Morning Routine
– Tongue cleaning.
– Oil pulling.
– Gargling with salt water.
– Nasya – Anu thailam for colds and flus. 2 drops in each nostril daily.
– Keep the digestive fire strong – try adding some fresh or dried ginger to hot water in the morning to spark your digestion. If your digestion is feeling very slow, Trikatu is also an option but should be discussed with a practitioner prior to consumption.
– Keep up your spiritual practice! Establish or maintain a pranayama, yoga and meditation practice.
Recommended Evening Routine
– Adequate sleep – make sure to limit screen time prior to bed.
– Try some breathing exercises and and yoga nidra practices to calm the mind into rest.
Herbal and Dietary Recommendations
– Boost your immunity with Ayurvedic herbs and formulations such as Amalaki, Guduchi, amalaki Rasayana and many others.
– Supplement with herbal teas such as tulsi, ginger, turmeric, honey and lemon tea.
– Get creative in the kitchen! Cook fresh and easy to digest foods each day.
These are just a few recommendations we have for our clients. The best option is to book in with your Ayurvedic practitioner to discuss herbs and practices most suitable for you.
Booking is available via the link in our bio.
#lakshmiayurveda #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia #ayurveda #covid #covidvaccine #prevention #coldandcough #amalaki #amalakirasayana #ayurvedictreatment #ayurvedicpractitioner #ayurvedictherapist #ayurvedafremantle #ayurvedictea #nasya #neti #oilpulling #goldenmilk #guduchi #ahara #vihara #aushadi
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.