The popular Lakshmi Fig Cake Recipe by the most talented baker, Elva!
We hope you enjoy the recipe.
* 3 eggs.
* 60gm melted butter or ghee.
* 3/4 tsp almond extract.
* 125gm Almond Meal.
* 1/4 cup plain flour.
* 1/2 tsp baking powder.
* Pinch of Himalayan salt.
* 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
* 1/2 cup raw sugar or coconut sugar.
* 10-12 figs.
1. Whisk the eggs and add melted butter.
2. Add almond extract and mix.
3. Add Almond meal and flour and mix.
4. Add baking powder and pinch of Himalayan salt.
5. Add cinnamon plus another dash.
6. Add coconut sugar and mix together.
7. Wash the figs, cut the stem and cut in half.
8. Place on top of the dough.
9. Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes on 200C.
Check out our previous post to learn more about the Ayurvedic perspective of Figs and the many nutritional benefits.
Stay tuned for the release of our new Lakshmi Cookbook. The fig cake recipe will be included in the cookbook!
Wishing you a great day. Let us know how it turns out for you. We would love to hear.
With love from baker Elva.