Who doesn’t love the smell of sandalwood? Brings us back to travels in India, the incense burning in the temples, Sandalwood oil drifting around the markets, applying sandalwood on the forehead in the morning…🙏🏼
Sandalwood is considered to have relaxing, spiritual and cleansing properties in many cultures. It is highly regarded in Ayurveda for its many healing purposes. It is cooling in nature and is often used in conditions with a burning type of sensation.
Called Chandana in Sanskrit, Sandalwood is best for balancing both Kapha and Pitta Doshas.
If you taste Sandalwood, what qualities would you experience? From an Ayurvedic view, it has both a sweet and bitter taste, making it beneficial especially for Pitta Dosha 🔥💧 Its light and dry qualities are great for balancing Kapha dosha 🌍💧
Some of the benefits of Sandalwood:
- Great for improving skin complexion.
- Can be used to treat bladder infections, as prescribed only by your practitioner.
- Helps to relieve gastritis and other burning sensations.
- Great for cleansing the blood.
Externally Sandalwood is great to add to your homemade deodorant or to use the powder by itself. It helps to treat excessive sweating and foul smell ❌ It can be applied to the forehead to help treat headaches.
There are both red and white sandalwood. For the purpose of this article we are discussing the white.
We have Sandalwood power available in the clinic! Other products with Sandalwood:
- Our homemade face Varnya Lepa face complexion enhancing pack.
- Our homemade bath powder can be combined with sandalwood to help enhance the softness of your skin.
Oh the beauty of Sandalwood. We hope you enjoy its many benefits ✨
#lakshmiayurveda #sandalwood #sandalwoodpowder #ayurveda #ayurvedicherbs #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedicshop #chandana
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.