Did you know Papaya can be used to treat parasite infections? Yesterday we spoke about Krimi, Parasites, in Ayurveda. Continue reading below for more information.
Papaya is called Erandkarkati in Sanskrit. This can be translated as castor cucumber. This is because the leaves are similar to those of castor oil leaves and the fruit is shaped similarly to a cucumber.
The fruit contains many digestive enzymes and aids in absorption and assimilation of food. Papaya is abundant in vitamins such as Vitamin B, A and C and is filled with minerals such as sodium and potassium.
This fruit is helpful for people suffering from the following:
1. Enzyme deficiency.
2. Colic, IBS, flatulence.
4. Loss of appetite.
6. Worms and parasitic infestation.
7. Promotes functioning of the liver and pancreas.
8. Reduces blood sugar.
Taste: sweet and pungent.
Vipaka (post digestive taste): heating (katu)
The milk of the raw papaya has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties and is very useful to apply to mouth ulcers.
Warm the leaves of the papaya tree and apply as a hot poultice on the affected arthritic joints.
The seeds can be crushed and made into a powder, this can be taken internally (only with supervision) to treat worms.
Note: Papaya should be avoided during pregnancy!
According to Ayurveda, fruit is best eaten alone. Papaya is also very tasty when steamed and eaten warm.
Some Ayurvedic formulations containing Erandakarkati:
1. Ashmariharakashaya: is an Ayurvedic decoction given to treat urinary calculi.
2. Caripill, a patent Ayurvedic formulation.
Papaya has also wonderful benefits when applied externally.
Try this super easy face pack for dark spots and depigmentation.
Mash the papaya with a dash of milk and apply to your face – the enzymes will leave your skin glowing and smelling of papaya.
We hope you love Papayas as much as we do. With love your Lakshmi Ayurveda team
PS: some more interesting information about papaya leaf juice.
#ayurveda #papaya #erandakarkati #facemask #papayafacemask #ayurvedicfacemask #fruit #seasonalfruit #ayurvedicfruit #ibs #constipationrelief #parasites #ayurvedictreatment #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia #ayurvedafremantle #lakshmiayurveda #ayurvedaforparasites #ayurvedaforconstipation #ayurvedicdiet #ayurvedictherapist #ayurvedicpractitioner
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.