This is the first year we have an abundance of green almonds in our garden.
What are they?
It’s an almond only younger. Green Almonds are the immature fruits of the sweet almond tree harvested while still soft before the outer shell hardens and the inner kernel fully develops.
Green Almonds have a velvety outside texture. They are fully edible but the skin is bitter and not everyone is a friend of the texture. The skin of the nut is praised to protect the health of the cardio vascular system.
When you cut through the skin you will find a soft, gelatinous kernel in the centre. This can be popped out and be eaten.
Some of the main benefits are:
- Super rich in antioxidants.
- Great for the brain and nervous system function as they contain riboflavin.
- Healthy fats assisting in balancing weight.
- High in phosphorus which is beneficial for teeth and bones.
- They are alkaline in nature and great to maintain healthy ph levels and keep the body alkalized.
- High in fibre and very beneficial if you are suffering from constipation.
- Rich in Vitamin E which makes them great for smooth and clear skin with a natural glow.
This are only a few of the many benefits of Green Almonds, I better go and pick some more before the birds beat me to it.
What to do with them and how can you eat them?
They can be served raw or cooked. I will add them into my steamed vegetables tonight.
If you have a Green Almond recipe to share we would love to hear.
With Love Karin and the Lakshmi team.
#greenalmond #nutlover #Almonds #antioxidants #hearthealth #skinhealth #healthybrain #hearthealth #cleanse #detox #rejuvenate #ayurveda #ayurvedicnutrition #ahara #food #sattvic #ojas #nourishyourbody #ayurvedicconsultation #ayurvedaperth #whatsoninfreo #visitlakshmi #lakshmiayurveda
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.