The “go a’head” days for your next haircut 💇🏻♀️
Today (Wednesday) I am getting my hair cut! I was recently asked which days are best to cut your hair and when should be avoided within the Vedic tradition.
This sparked my interest and I wanted to look into more information about the topic. Plus I wanted to see if Wednesday was a suitable day for a haircut 💫 I checked with one of my teachers in India on the subject and wanted to share a little information with you.
First, we must look at the days of the week and the residing planets 🪐 and deities 🙏🏼 that are known to represent these days.
We must disclose that we are definitely not experts on the topic ‼️ If you are looking for more details it would be great to reach out to your local Hindu priest for exact dates and timings suitable for you. This article is very simplified – please contact us if you would like any recommendations for astrologers to speak with personally. Also it’s important to note that auspicious and inauspicious days are taken into consideration when choosing the best day to have your hair cut. This article is meant to spark your curiosity, provoke your thought process around intentional activity in our daily lives.
Days to Avoid:
- Monday: associated with the moon 🌙 The moon is related to our emotions and mental health. Cutting hair on this day is said to bring about mental distress.
- Saturday and Sunday: time to reschedule your weekend trips to the hairdresser.
Days to Favour:
- Wednesday: associated with the planet Mercury and Lord Krishna. Getting your hair cut on this day is said to bestow blessings from the Goddess Lakshmi 💎Perfect day for a Lakshmi haircut!
- Friday: Day of Venus. Venus is associated with all things beauty 🌼 So yes, this a definitely a go a’head day for your next haircut.
So it turns out I chose the appropriate day to get my hair cut!
May the blessings of Lakshmi bless you during you next trip to the hairdresser 💇🏻♀️
#lakshmiayurveda #ayurveda #vedic #vedicastrology #ayurvedictreatment #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia #ayurvedafremantle #mercury #krishna #venus #beauty #beautytherapy #moon #emotions
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.