https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Lakshmi’s-Walnut-Date-Raisin-Cake.jpg 1104 1080 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/la-logo.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-07-12 12:15:442021-07-12 12:15:44Lakshmi’s Walnut Date Raisin Cake
Lakshmi’s Walnut Date Raisin Cake This recipe was a hit, one of our favourites to date!!
- 250 gm pitted and chopped dates.
- 1 handful of organic raisins.
- 150ml of hot milk.
- 90 gm of roughly chopped walnuts and some extra for the topping.
- 1 small peeled apple roughly chopped.
- 50 gm of raw sugar.
- 100gm of soft butter.
- 1 big dash of organic vanilla extract.
- 2 eggs (these can be replaced by making a flax seed egg).
- Flour 225gm.
- 1 tsp of baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp of salt.
So easy to make:
- Soak the dates and raisin in the hot milk.
- Place soft butter in a bowl, add sugar and mix.
- Add eggs and whisk.
- Add sifted flour and mix.
- Add vanilla essence and chopped apple mix mix mix.
- Add dates, raisin and milk mixture, mix well.
- Add chopped nuts and mix more (gentle mix).
- Pour in buttered baking tin.
- Cover with more chopped walnuts – Yum
- Bake 60-70 minutes on 180C.
Enjoy with a nice cup of chai
One of our absolute favourite recipes! We would love to hear how yours turns out.
With Love from the Lakshmi team