https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/cholesterol-photo-pinda-sveda.jpg 960 1440 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/la-logo-lotus.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-05-21 12:09:032021-05-21 12:09:03Cholesterol Case Study at Lakshmi Ayurveda.
– 46-year-old male diagnosed with hypercholesterolemia after a blood test.
– No other significant medical conditions.
– His GP advised him to start on Lipitor which the patient refused because of the possible side effects of the medication.
The client decided to try the Ayurvedic approach to managing his high cholesterol. In the initial consultation he was advised to follow a strict diet including daily medicated takra (buttermilk) for Srotosuddhi (helping to clear the bodily channels).
He was provided with a daily routine to support a more active lifestyle as well as Ayurvedic formulations including Kaishore Guggulu, Triphala and Guduchi.
8 weeks after implementing his treatment program the blood test was repeated. Within this short period of time the Cholesterol levels showed a significant decrease
Let’s now learn more about Cholesterol from an Ayurvedic perspective.
First it is important to understand that a normal amount of cholesterol is not bad and is essential for the body. Cholesterol is an important building block in the formation and repair of cell walls, the function of nerve tissues, the production of hormones.
The problem is when we have too much Cholesterol.
In Ayurvedic terms there is not a disease which can be directly compared to Hypercholesterolemia but we know it is characterized by an increased amount of lipids present in the bloodstream.
Most of the acharyas of ancient times (teachers and experts) have considered hypercholesterolemia under the heading of medoroga or medodosha but some authors consider it as as rasagata-snehavriddhi, raktgata-snehavriddhi and some authors consider it under the broad umbrella of AMA (digestive toxins).
Most acharyas stress upon the role of imbalanced diet and sedentary habits as a causative factor Also, emotional factors will lead to improper Agni and result in Ama.
For students of Ayurveda, check out below for more in depth explanation and management for high cholesterol.
The pathology of Medodhatuagnimandya leads to excess homologous poshakamedo-dhatu in the circulation.
* Dosha: Kledaka Kapha, Pachaka Pitta Samana, and Vyana Vayu.
* Dushya: Rasa and Medo Dhatu.
* Agni: Rasa and Medo dhatvagni.
* Srotas: Rasavaha srotas, Medovaha srotas.
* Srotodusti: Sanga and Margavarodha.
* Adhisthana: whole body.
* Udbhavasthana: Amashaya.
* Vyaktasthanka: Sarvanga.
* Ama: Jatharagni mandhyajanita ama, Dhatvagnimandhyajanita ama.
* Roga marga: Bhaya.
1. Nidana Parivarjana.
2. Apatarpana chikitsa.
3. Sodhana chikitsa.
4. Shamana chikitsa.
5. Pathya/ Apathya Ahara Vihara.
Ayurveda is amazing for treating lifestyle disorders like high cholesterol If you suffer from high cholesterol you are welcome to call us at 0406 810 547 for further information.
Wishing you a great evening
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.