https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/sesame-seed-balls.jpg 1080 1080 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/la-logo-lotus.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-04-19 11:30:572021-04-19 11:30:57Strong nails, healthy bones and beautiful hair with Ayurveda.
Start adding regular black sesame seeds in your cooking. According to Vagbhata (author of classical ayurvedic text) krishna tila (black seed sesame seeds) is a Rasayana (rejuvenation).
They have a delicious nutty flavour and are so nutritious.
In Ayurveda black seed sesame seeds are known for its beneficial effect for Asthi dhatu bone tissue.
The oil pressed out of these seeds is know as Tila Taila and is the main base oil used for most Ayurvedic herbal oils.
Black seed sesame seeds are very rich in calcium, magnesium, a high source of fibre, zinc, B vitamins, phosphorous, vitamin E, copper and iron. Which makes them so beneficial for your body and mind.
Here are some reasons to eat more black sesame seeds:
1. Improve your digestive health
2. Strengthen your bones
3. Strengthen you hair and nails
4. Has an anti ageing effect
5. Supports in lactation
6. Reduce inflammation
7. Good for your heart
Ellunda or Sesame seed balls are so easy to make
- 1.5 cups of sesame seeds (preferable black). I have mixed black and white together
- 1.5 tsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup of coconut sugar + 2 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- Almond meal (I always add some before rolling the mixture into small balls so they hold better and taste even better)
1. Dry roast the sesame seeds
2. Add coconut sugar and water – stir stir stir
3. Add ghee, ginger and cardamom powder – stir stir stir
4. Let it cool a bit and make roll with your hands some even sized balls
5. Add some Almond meal if required
6. Store in an airtight container, they might not last very long as there are super delicious. Enjoy
Just amazing how many health benefits are found in these nutritious seeds.
Have a great Sunday
With Love Karin and the Lakshmi team
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.