https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/welcome-to-the-shop-2-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/la-logo.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-04-28 14:58:042021-04-28 14:58:04Is your menses normal? How does your menstrual blood look like?
This is a difficult question for many women to answer. What does normal menstrual blood look like.
Let’s see what Ayurveda says about this
Formation of Artava (menstrual blood):
Arthava is an upadhatu dhatu of Rakta (blood).
It is the product of Rasa and Rakta (to read more about dhatus check out our blog) .
Arthava is formed by the nutrients of Rasa . This explains that if there is nutritonal deficiency in the body there can be scanty periods or no periods (Amenorrhoea/ Arajaska).
Menses according to Ayurveda
- Quantity – 4 Anjali (80 mls)
- Interval – 28 days
- Duration – 5 days
1. There should not be be daha (burning sensation) or pain, it should not be in excess or little quantity
2. It should be the colour of a red lotus or rabbit blood
3. It should not stain a cloth and is easy to wash out if a cloth is stained
4. It should not be to snigdha (sticky) and free of clots.
5. Looks like the juice of leac (gum type resin)
This is mentioned in Ch. Ch 30: 225-226
Signs of imbalance in the menstrual blood according to the predominant dosha
- Tanu – thin
- Ruksha – dry
- Phenila – frothy
- Aruna – black
- Alpam – scanty
- Vicchinnam – some debris, delayed expulsion
- Kinchit peetam- slight yellow
- Apicchilam – non sticky
- Neelam- slightly blue
- Daha – burning
- Japakusuma sankaasam – blood is the colour of hibiscus
- Prabhootam – heavy
- Pichhilam – sticky
- Sanghanam – heavy and thick
- Majjopasamsrastam- looks like a meat soup, pale colour
- Vibaddham – settles when it gets put in water
Is your menstrual blood normal or does it show any imbalance?
If you would like to find out how Ayurveda can help with healthy menstruation we recommend an initial consultation.
You are welcome to email email@example.com or call ph: 0406810547
With love your Lakshmi team and we hope you stay safe during the current Perth lockdown.
#menses #menstrualcyle #menstrualblood #arajaska #amenorrhoea #menorrhagia #heavybleeding #dysmenorrhoea #painfulperiods #preconceptioncare #menopause #ayurvedicnutrition #ayurvediclifestyle #ayurvedicherbs #ayurvedicmedicine #balanceyourhormones #Ayurveda #vata #pitta #kapha #whatsoninfreo #ayurvedafremantle #ayurvedaperth #lakshmi #authenticayurveda #lakshmiayurveda
𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.