https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/conscious-conception.jpg 1080 1080 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/la-logo.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-04-19 11:23:552021-04-19 11:23:55Conscious Conception – Pregnancy Planning with Ayurveda
We have more and more couples undergoing Ayurvedic fertility programmes at the clinic. Ayurvedic wisdom clearly lays out a pregnancy regime for couples to follow prior to conception and pre-conception care is rich in knowledge I would very much recommend it to everyone planning a pregnancy.
The first step includes purification of the body for both male and female. Basti (herbal enema) treatment can be highly beneficial. The classical text Astanga Samgraha states that Basti is like nectar for the woman who would like to conceive.
Purification treatment through Panchakarma aims to enhance the quality of the following four factors:
1. Rtu – regular menstrual cycle. The fertile period is governed by Kapha (ovulation).
2. Beeja – Shukra and Arthava, healthy sperm and ovum.
3. Ksheetra – healthy Yoni, female reproductive system.
4. Ambu – sufficient and unobstructed blood circulation to receive proper nutrients present in the form of rasa.
Alongside these factors there should be mental clarity and a peaceful mind, normalcy of hridaya/ heart (seat of ojas and consciousness) and well balanced Vayu.
These factors are needed for optimal conception. Without properly functioning Vata, conception is not possible. This is why Vata balancing diet and lifestyle are essential for the couple.
Additional Ayurvedic tips for conception:
1. Daily affirmation, spirituality, Mental preparation for the couple.
2. Implement daily routine (Dinacharya).
3. Good nutritious food suited for you (Ahara).
4. Physical and emotional cleansing practices. Living in a clean and sattvic environment.
5. Herbal Sitz bath with Ashoka.
6. Body treatments such as Abhyanga oil massage and Shirodhara.
7. Suitable lifestyle, implementing yoga, meditation, music, chanting – Avoid stress (Vihara).
8. Maintain strong digestive fire (agni) and ojas.
9. Pre pregnancy herbs such as Ashwagandha and Shatavari.
10. The act itself, Ayurveda advises the the best position for conceiving is with the women lying on her back.
Below is a testimonial from a client from a few years back. My heart was filled with joy when I received this email – it was from a lady having completed a classical panchakarma program at the clinic.
It is so nice to hear from you and to learn that you are expanding and more people will be able to enjoy your wonderful treatments.
I also have some news for you – I am 12 week pregnant and the baby is due in September. Actually, I got pregnant immediately after I finished panchakarma so thanks a lot to you and your team. I hope to see you again as soon as I am ready for my next panchakarma (not for the next baby but just for my personal health and well-being)
With best wishes.”
Oh the wisdom of Ayurveda! If you would like to find out more about conscious conception please contact us, our details are in the bio
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.