https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/ayurveda-and-endometriosis.jpg 1080 1080 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/la-logo-lotus.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-04-19 11:15:392021-04-19 11:15:39Ayurveda and Endometriosis
Below are the results of Panchkarma treatment at Lakshmi Ayurveda for a client with Endometriosis.
Endometriosis is an ailment where the cells normally found lining the uterus are also found in other areas of the body, usually within the pelvis. Endometrial tissue can be found in the ovary where it can form cysts and often causes very painful menstruation.
From an Ayurvedic perspective, the stage of menstrual flow is dominated by the Vata dosha. Hence during this stage there is aggravation of Vata dosha resulting in increased pain. When present on the ovary, cysts may enlarge to several cm in size. This stage is dominated by Vata and Kapha dosha.
Disorders of the female reproductive system are explained in the classical texts under Yoni Vyapad and Arthava Vyapad. Endometriosis can be correlated to Vatala Yonivyapad. The cause and symptoms are mentioned in the Charaka Samhita Chi 30/22 described below.
Nidana (causative factors) is said to be four:
1. Unwholesome diet and lifestyle.
2. Pradustartava (can be linked to hormonal imbalance, IVF treatments, contraceptive pills).
3. Bija Dosha (abnormality of sperm and ovum and genetic factors).
4. Daiva (Idiopathic factors or unknown causes).
The Doshas involved are Vata Pradhana (mainly Vata) with Kapha Anubandha (Kapha associated). So the treatment should focus on Vata Shamana (pacifying the Vata dosha) and Lekhana (scraping action) to reduce the Kapha dosha and aim for srotosodhana (clearing obstructions such as cysts).
The steps of our clients Panchakarma program included:
1. Deepana/Pachana (improving the digestive fire and digesting Ama or digestive toxins).
2. Snehapana (internal oleation).
3. Classical Virechana (purgation).
4. Basti treatment.
5. Prescription of Ayurvedic medicines.
1. Her pelvic ultrasound examination prior to the start of Panchakarma showed cysts ranging from 2.5 cm to 6.8 cm.
2. After classical Virechana treatment another scan was done one month later showing cysts ranging from 1.5 cm to 2.6 cm, showing significant reduction in size.
3. Yoga basti (8 Basti enemas) treatment was performed at the clinic and another scan was done the following month showing no evidence of the previous 5 cm endometrioma/ haemorrhagic cyst.
Amazing results! The woman was very positive in her outlook throughout the treatment and fully trusted in Ayurveda. A true inspiration!
#endometriosis #ayurvedaforendometriosis #ayurvedictreatment #ayurveda #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedafremantle #panchakarma #panchakarmaforendometriosis #endometriosistreatment #virechana #yogabasti #enema #cleansing #detoxification #haemarrhagic #cysts #deepanapachana #snehapana #
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.