https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Fig-cakes.jpg 1350 1080 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/la-logo.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2021-02-19 11:19:332021-02-19 11:19:33Lakshmi Fig (Anjeer) Cake Recipe
All of us at the clinic loved the fig cake that Karin prepared this week. Below is the recipe – we can’t wait to hear what you think!
- 3 eggs.
- 60gm melted butter.
- 3/4 tsp almond extract.
- 125gm Almond Meal.
- 1/4 cup plain flour.
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- Pinch of Himalayan salt.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar.
- 10-12 figs.
1. Whisk the eggs and add melted butter.
2. Add almond extract and mix.
3. Add Almond meal and flour and mix.
4. Add baking powder and pinch of Himalayan salt.
5. Add cinnamon plus another dash.
6. Add coconut sugar and mix together.
7. Wash the figs, cut the stem and cut in half.
8. Place on top of the dough.
9. Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes on 200C.
Figs are called Anjeer in Hindi. Anjeer has many nutritional benefits including being a source of iron, rich in calcium (more than milk), potassium (more than bananas) and rich in dietary fibres.
If you prepare the cake at home we would love to hear your feedback and see how it turns out! Enjoy and wishing you a beautiful start to the weekend
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.