https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Mint.jpg 1577 1440 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/la-logo-lotus.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2020-11-30 10:12:512020-11-30 10:12:51Ayurvedic Perspective of Mint
Our Mint plant has been growing so lusciously in Lakshmi garden! Mint is called Pudina in Sanskrit. It is famous for its fragrance – the aromatic menthol wakes up the senses and decongests the orifices of the head.
It is also calming and relaxing for the digestive system. There are many varieties, spearmint and peppermint being two of the most common.
It’s Ayurvedic actions are:
- Deepana/ promotes Agni (digestive fire).
- Anulomana / promotes the downward flow of Vata.
- Shiro Virechana / clears the head.
It has a balancing effect on all the three doshas, it is a cooling herb, with a katu (heating) vipaka (post digestive taste).
Mint and some of its benefits:
1. Aids digestion, reduces gas, indigestion and irritable bowel.
2. Improves oral health by reducing harmful bacterial growth in the mouth.
3. Decongestant, great to use for steam inhalation.
4. Treatment for cough cold and throat irritation.
5. Cooling effect for your skin, useful for insect bites anti-inflammatory.
How can you use Mint leaves:
1. Make a mint tea add the leaves to boiling water and steep for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add it to your room temperature drinking water (best to leave it overnight).
3. Use mint infused water as a mist for your skin (fill it in a spray bottle and keep in the fridge).
4. Use to gargle and rinse your mouth.
At Lakshmi shop we have fresh mint for you, mint tea, toothpaste, mouth wash, essential oils and more. Mint is also one of the ingredients in our Pitta Churna for cooking!
With love from the Lakshmi Ayurveda team
#mint #spearmint #peppermint #digestion #minttea #herbs #organic #ayurveda #balance #ayurveda #ayurvedaperth #ayurvedaaustralia #lakshmiayurveda #ayurvedicremedy #ayurvedafremantle #fremantle #ayurvedicherbs #pittachurna #antiinflammatory #decongestant #oralhealth #toothpaste #digestion #mintfordigestion
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦.