https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/ashwagandha-leyham.jpg 526 526 Karin Lakshmi Gunthor https://www.lakshmiayurveda.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/la-logo.png Karin Lakshmi Gunthor2020-11-16 14:29:552020-11-16 14:29:55Ashwagandhadi Lehyam
Does your body feel weak, stressed and fatigued?
We have prepared a fresh batch of Ashwagandhadi Lehyam.
This is a semi solid Ayurvedic preparation rich in taste and nourishing for all the bodily tissues (dhatus).
The word Avaleha has been derived from the root word “lihaswadane”in which “lih” means a substance which is licked and “aswadane” means that which has good taste.
This is true as most Avaleha taste very delicious.
Different Avaleha’s are explained in the Ayurvedic Samhitas such as Charak Samhita, Vagbhata Samhita and Sharangdhara Samhita.
The type of formulations is easier to consume then churnas (herbal powders) and is more palatable.
Avaleha are intend to provide better drug absorption through the mouth along with absorption through the intestine.
The common ingredient of Avaleha are:
1. Drava Dravya – a liquid medium
2. Madhur Dravya – a sweetener such as jaggery or sugar candy
3. Prakshep Dravya – fine powder or a pulp
4. Sneha Dravya – ghee, thailam
5. Additives – honey or others
Our Ashwagandha lehyam uses:
Balya – body strengthening
Rasayana – to rejuvenate
Vajiarkana – promotes fertility and virility
Weak Mamsa (muscle) tissue
Dosage: 1-2 tsp at bed time with milk
Milk is recommended as Anupana
Anupana is important in Ayurvedic medicine as it acts as a carrier for the medicine to reach to the target area and enhances the efficacy of the aushadha (medicine).
For more information or if you are interested in learning Ayurveda in a clinical environment enquire about our student mentoring programme.
We wish you a beautiful Sunday.
With love from Lakshmi Ayurveda
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.