Pippali is considered the queen of spices to rejuvenate the respiratory system. 🌿
Pippali is the term applied to the fruit of piper longum also called long pepper.
Its sweetness gives it is rejuvenating properties and its oiliness make it less drying and heating as black pepper.
Pippali is one of the only heating and penetrating substances that can kindle the Agni (digestive fire) without aggravating pitta. 🔥
It is a spice used for healthy circulation, strengthens the reproductive functions, supports a healthy liver and spleen but its celebrated powers lie in the ability to rejuvenate the lungs and respiratory system (pranavaha srotas).
Its Ayurvedic actions are:
1. Stimulates Agni – digestive fire 🔥
2. Benefits breathing, useful in Asthma
3. Mitigates fevers
4. Shirovirechana – clears toxins from the head
5. Rasayana – rejuvenation 😊
Try this recipe, to strengthen your respiratory system and reduce cough.
2 tsp of pippali powder
1 glass of milk 🥛
4 glasses of water 💧
1 tsp of raw sugar (optional)
How to make it:
Add the pippali powder to the boiling milk
Add the water
Bring to boil and reduce the quantity to 1 cup
Filter the decoction
Raw sugar can be added for taste.
3-4 teaspoons of this drink taken for 5 days, 3 x daily to rejuvenate and strengthen your lungs and helps to relieve cough.
Please note that Pippali should not be taken over a long period of time, best to consult your Ayurvedic practitioner.
For more information or book an Ayurvedic Skype consultation you are welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org
With love your Lakshmi Team 💖
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.