The Veena is one of the most ancient string instruments. It is carved out of hollow log of Jack wood.
I have been fascinated by the Veena for over 10 years. Gratitude and thanks to my teacher Yaso who followed up on a conversation many years back about taking classes. 🙏🙏🙏
When you look at an image of Goddess Saraswati you will always see her with the Veena. Devi Saraswati represents the free flow of wisdom and consciousness.
1. Veena stands for Jnaana veena, the icon of all knowledge. When the Veena is played and the musical notes are produced it is as knowledge is radiating out in all directions. 🎶
2. The sound of the veena stands for the premordial sound of creation. This sound fills the universe with the vital energy Prana.
3. The sound of the Veena represents the melody of mantras (the laws or formulas) that brought order to the initial chaos at the time of creation.
4. It is said that the instruments neck is Shiva, the strings are Parvati, the bridge is Lakshmi, the secondary gourd is Brahma and the dragon head is Vishnu and the resonating body is Saraswati.
5. My Veena teacher has told me that the instrument is a representation of the human spinal cord and has a positive effect to the nervous system when playing or listening.
I look forward to sharing more about this magical instrument.
With love Karin ❤️
Sa Ri Ga Ma | Pa Da | Ni Sa||
Sa Ni Da Pa | Ma Ga Ri Sa||