A very hot day 🌞🌞🌞in Perth today (42C). If you are suffering from a Prickly heat rash or excessive sweating💧💧💧 this herb 🌿might be very beneficial for you. Read more
Our favourite herb from our Ayurvedic pharmacy for today is Ushira – Vetiveria zizanioides.
Ushira is a very cooling ❄️herb for the body and the mind. Charaka has categorised it as a varnya/ complexion promoting herb.
Other benefits are
– reduces burning sensation of the body❄️
– alleviates excessive sweating, relieves a bad odour ❄️
– Cools the urinary tract ❄️
– Relieves thirst ❄️
– Useful in fever ❄️
– Promotes lactation ❄️
Bitter and sweet in taste
Virya/ potency – cold
Pungent post digestive taste
Dosha: Alleviates Pitta and Kapha
Action: Cooling, deodorant, diuretic, rejuvenates
1. Apply a paste of Ushira and Chandana (Sandalwood) as a bath powder before your bath, it promotes complexion and reduces burning sensation
2. Prickly heat, make a paste with Ushira, Mushtaka and Dhanyaka this will show amazing results.
3. Ushira is also great to infuse in fragrant waters, body deodorants and Ayurvedic aromatic oils
4. For excessive sweating and thirst, use 1 tablespoon with 5 cups of water. Boil for 2-5 minutes, strain and drink throughout the day.
Charaka Sutrasthana Chapter 25
To apply externally as a paste, to relieve burning sensation, skin disorders and to relieve excessive sweating there is nothing better than Usheera.
Ushira is one of the ingredients of our favourite facial oil (kumkumadi thailam) an oil famous for promoting a beautiful complexion.
For more information or if you would like to try our cooling bath powder email firstname.lastname@example.org
With Love 💖 your Lakshmi Ayurveda team
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.