First day back at school tomorrow
I am sure a lot of Mums are busy today labelling pens and books and thinking of the lunch box preparation for tomorrow.
1. Encourage water intake, avoid sugary drinks. Our favourite water bottle is Hydro flask (available at Lakshmi’s shop). Avoid iced drinks, room temperature is best. 💧
2. Encourage to eat fruits at morning recess and not after lunch. According to Ayurveda fruit should not be eaten after a main meal. Avoid mixing too many different types of fruit, keep it simple. Watermelon is best eaten by itself. 🍎🍌🍓🍊🥝
3. Avoid anything wrapped in plastic 🙂
4. Have you tried Bee’s wrap to wrap a sandwich, reusable slide lock snack bags or Ever Eco stainless steel Bento boxes? We LOVE Ever Eco 💖 🐝
5. Avoid white sugar replace with coconut sugar or rapadura sugar
6. Avoid white bread replace with rye, spelt, wholemeal (check the labels for ingredients). Pumpernickel bread is yummy too.
7. For sweets and treats, we recommend homemade cookies, banana bread, carrot cakes. 🧁
8. Dates are full of energy
9. Filling suggestions for your wrap or sandwich cooked beetroot, carrots, green beans, cucumber, lettuce, halloumi and hummus. 🥬🥒🌶🥕🥦🌽
10. Avoid margarines – best to use organic unsalted butter or Ghee. We LOVE Ghee.
11. According to Ayurveda cooked and warm food is preferred. We love the 24 hot food jar from myfamily (available at Lakshmis shop). 🍚
12. Home made popcorn with a sprinkle of salt or maple syrup – avoid salty chips packets 🙂
Lily and myself just made those cookies and they are delicious.
250 organic flour
80 coconut sugar
50 gm organic white chocolate (optional)
Mix all the ingredients, roll into little walnut size balls, press down with a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes on C180.
We wish you a great start on the first day back at school.
If you have more questions or would like guidance on Ayurvedic nutrition you are welcome to book an initial consultation.
We look forward to hearing from you. Email Info@lakshmiayurveda.com.au
With Love your Lakshmi Ayurveda team
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.