Figs are called Anjeer in Hindi. Anjeer has such wonderful medicinal benefits with such a high nutritional value.
Figs are a wonderful source of iron, rich in calcium (more than milk), potassium (more than bananas) and rich in dietary fibres.
The dried fruits are abundant in manganese, iron, magnesium, potassium, and thiamine. These fruits contain 17 different types of amino acids.
The ayurvedic properties are sweet (madhura)/ astringent (kashaya) and cold (sheeta) in nature
Figs are great to relive constipation, piles, liver disorder, gum disease, high blood pressure and debility.
1. Anjeer richness is iron makes it a perfect fruit to treat Anaemia.
2. Taken in the morning with Pippali is helpful for Asthma,
3. Chewing figs strengthens teeth, tongue and gums
4. Anjeer alkalises the body blood and maintains proper ph of blood.
5. The richness in calcium makes them ideal for heart, bones, digestive and reproductive health.
6. For cold or sore throat boil dried figs, fenugreek and tulsi leaves. Reduce the water to ¼ and drink it lukewarm
7. Figs are high in antioxidants and studies suggest the anti cancer properties.
So interesting about the fig tree has been mentioned and considered sacred in different religions and cultures around the world.
In Hindu philosophy the tree is sacred to different deities , the roots of one indian species represents Brahma the Creator, the leaves Shiva and the trunk Vishnu the preserver.
Adam and Eve used fig leaves to cover their nakedness. “And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.” (Genesis 3:7).
In ancient Egypt, pharaohs believed that when they died their souls would encounter a Fig tree at the edge of the desert, and that the goddess Hathor would emerge from the foliage to welcome them to heaven.
Who would think of all this when eating a Fig!
Food is Medicine
Food is Consciousness
Figs are in season at the moment so this is the best time to eat this wholesome fruit. Also available at Lakshmi Ayurveda after your treatment
We look forward to welcoming you at Lakshmi Ayurveda
Warmly Karin and the Lakshmi team, firstname.lastname@example.org ph: 0406 810 547
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.