Stay Healthy this Spring!
Spring is the time to incorporate light and cleansing foods into your diet. As the Kapha season, the moist and heavy qualities should be balanced by eliminated accumulated toxins and bringing more heat into our foods.
* Exercise! This will encourage circulation, increasing the heat in the body and create a feeling of ‘lightness’ to balance the heavy qualities of kapha.
* Dry rub massage to invigorate the lymphatic system and decrease fluid retention.
* Add nasya to your morning routine to prevent hay fever.
* Try kitchari or mung bean soup.
* Avoid ama producing food such as ice cream, yoghurt and curds.
* Avoid caffeine and alcohol
* Spring is a great time for seasonal body purification. You are welcome to book in for a consultation to discuss detoxification.
Foods to Favour
* Leafy greens
* Basmati Rice
* Sunflower seeds
* Most spices
Herbs for Spring
* Enjoy plenty of spice-filled teas with ginger, black pepper and cinnamon.
* Take triphala before bedtime to improve digestion.
* Drink hot water with fresh ginger, cumin, fennel seeds and black pepper.
* Tulsi removes excess kapha from the upper respiratory tract. Also assists in improving circulation and managing weight.
The Charaka Samhita says “Health is the condition of wisdom and the signs of happiness.”
With love from the Lakshmi team, Happy Spring!