Have you experienced a Shirodhara treatment?
Shirodhara is by far the most iconic treatment of Ayurveda. It is considered the King of all treatments, as it treats a wide variety of conditions in Ayurvedic clinical practice.
The name Shirodhara, comes from the two Sanskrit words Shiras meaning ‘head’ and Dhara meaning ‘to pour’. This deeply relaxing and nurturing treatment involves the continuous pouring of warm medicated oil over the forehead, using a pot with a tap that controls the flow of oil. The oil is gently poured from side to side across the forehead, at times resting over the midpoint of the forehead.
Some of the wonderful benefits of this treatment.
• Warm oil poured over the forehead improves blood supply to the brain, by dilating local blood vessels.
• Pressure and temperature sensors in the skin of the forehead stimulate a somato- autonomic reflex (relaxation response) via the trigeminal cranial nerve.
• By relaxing the mind and central nervous system, it exerts its main effect of balancing Vata.
• In addition, it also affects the other two Doshas, Pitta and Kapha. In simplistic terms, Vata, Pitta and Kapha can be equated to the nervous, endocrine and immune systems respectively.
• Interestingly, recent studies confirm the effect of Shirodhara on these systems, e.g. a reduction in anxiety, a decrease in the hormone noradrenaline, and enhancement of the immune system.
To find out more you are welcome to email: email@example.com
We wish you a beautiful Sunday ☀️
Your Lakshmi Ayurveda team
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.