Have you tried the Lakshmi tea range?
We love them all but the Brain tonic (Brahmi, tulsi and ginger) is definitely one of our favourite along with the very popular Lakshmi Chai tea.
Brahmi – some of its wonderful benefits
The Sanskrit word Brahmi is derived from ‘brahma’ the creator of the universe.
Ayurvedic properties are:
Rasa: tikta and kashaya
Guna: laghu (light) and sara(laxative)
Prabhava/ special potency: alleviates apasmara/ epilepsy and unmada/ hysteria
Dosha: Tridosha mainly Kaphapittahara, can increase Vata in excess
It’s Ayurvedic actions are:
1. Medhya, intellect promoting, boosts the memory,
2. Useful in disorders such as epilepsy (Apasmara)
3. Rasayana, it is also praised as a Majjadhatu rasayana as it rejuvenates the nervous system. Useful in Parkinson’s, ADHD, Asperger’s syndrome.
4. Shotha/ oedema – brahmi has a mild diuretic property
5. Smritiprada – promotes the intellect and intelligence.
6. Samjna sthapana- restores consciousness
7. Ayushya – increases longevity
8. Vishahara – anti poising properties
9. Kasa/ cough. In hoarseness of voice brahmi, pippali, vasa and haridra is chewed.
10. Pandu/ Anaemia
11. Prameha/ Diabetes.
12. Kusthaghna – alleviates skin conditions especially with an underlying nervous imbalance.
14. Anuloma – redirects the flow of vata downwards
15. Hridaya – heart tonic
16. Balya- gives strength (especially to the mind)
17. It can cool the heat of cystitis and pain of dysuria by eliminating pitta out of the mutravahasrotas. Medicated milk with brahmi is best for this.
18. Brahmi nourishes all seven dhatus (tissues)
Lakshmi’s shop is open from 9am-3pm.
We look forward to welcoming you 🍃🍃🍃