Listen to the beautiful humming of a bumble bee inside you
Bhramari Bumble Bee breath
The world Bhramari means black bee. During this pranayama the sound of a black bee is produced.
If you do Bhramari regularly, it will open the space within. It has a direct effect on the pineal, pituitary and thyroid gland.
Experience bliss by practicing seven Brahmari Pranayam daily. It should not be practiced more then 17 rounds.
Benefits of this pranayama are:
- Bliss arises in the heart
- Calming of the mind
- Releases tension
- To get rid of anger, frustration
- Anxiety, stress
- Stimulates pineal and pituitary gland and their proper function
- In pregnant or menstruating women
- High blood pressure
- Chest pain
- Ear infection
- In a supine position (lying down)
How to practice Bhramari Pranayama
It is best practiced on an empty stomach early morning or night. There are fewer distracting noises and our inner perception is more profound.
1. Sit in a comfortable meditative Asana (half lotus)
2. Sit up straight in a quiet, well ventilated corner with your eyes closed. Keep a gentle smile on your face
3. Keep your eyes closed for some time. Observe the sensations in the body and the quietness within
4. To begin take a deep long breath through the nostrils bringing all the breath all the way into the belly. Drop the chin to the chest and begin to exhale slowly
5. Place your index fingers on your ears. There is a cartilage between your cheek and ear. Place your index fingers on the cartilage or you can use your index and middle finger to cover your eyes and the thumb to cover your ears (see picture).
6. Take a deep breath in and as you breathe out, gently press the cartilage to close your ears. You can keep the cartilage pressed, while making a loud humming sound like a bee
7. You can also make a low-pitched sound but it is a good idea to make a high-pitched one for better results
8. Breathe in again and continue the same pattern seven times.
Focus on making the sound soft smooth and steady
Bring the tip of your tongue behind the upper font teeth
Bring your awareness to the centre of the head to the Ajna chakra
After the final exhalation allow your breath to return to normal and observe any changes (emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually)
Have a beautiful start to the day and reflect on the humming sound within.
With love your Lakshmi Ayurveda team
PS: there are several studies done on the effect of Bhramari Pranayama
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.