What did you have for breakfast today? Have you tried steel cut oats.
Porridge is always a great breakfast especially during the autumn and winter season.
These oats are closest to their original grain form. They are made when the whole groat (whole unbroken grain) is cut into several pieces with a steel blade (it looks similar to rice that’s been cut into pieces).
They are nuttier in taste then rolled oats. Steel cut rolled oats are one of the healthiest grains you can eat. They are minimally processed and because of this they contain more fibre and density.
Steel cut oats take a longer time to cook than rolled oats. Best if you soak them in water overnight. The next day cook them with water or milk of your choice on a medium heat for 10 minutes until tender.
If you don’t have to rush off for work in the morning try toasting your oats in the pan first you can add a teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil.
Add milk, water and pinch of salt. Bring to boil then reduce to a lower heat. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Steel cut oat topping ideas
1. cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric
2. Cardamon, cloves
3. maple syrup, Jaggery
4. honey (after the cooking process and once the oats cooled down)
5. Chopped dates/ and or raisins (best to add during the cooking process)
6. Chopped almonds (best if you soak them overnight)
7. Flaxseed seeds
8. 1 tsp of organic ghee
Dosha balancing breakfast porridge
For a Vata balancing bowl add:
Cumin, cinnamon, cardamom powder
Pinch of salt
For Pitta balancing bowl add:
A little bit of coconut milk
Date or raisin
For a Kapha balancing bowl add:
We love our Kapha churna spice mix, the warming spices will light up your agni (digestive fire)
Black pepper, cinnamon,
The perfect breakfast for a great start to the day.
With love your Lakshmi Ayurveda team 🥞🥞🥞🍜🍜🍜
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.