What do your nails say about your health?
Physical conditions often provide us with warning signs of health issues occurring inside the body. The health of your nails is no exception 💅particularly in relation to the health of our bones.
People that are predominantly Vata in constitution or those facing a Vata imbalance have generally thin and easy to break nails. They also have a tendency to bite their nails. 😬 Those with a Pitta constitution tend to have smooth nails, pink in colour while Kapha qualities of nails make them strong 💪and difficult to break.
Chipped nails: Often occurs when people experience stress. May indicate a Vata disorder.
White spots: Although white spots can also occur due to direct trauma to the nail, it can also indicate poor nutrient absorption, particularly related to zinc or magnesium.
Abnormally large or absent white moons: Could indicate poor liver functioning.
Strength: Related to the strength of the bones.
Vertical lines: can indicate poor nutrient absorption. The strength of the line will indicate the degree of malabsorption. The malabsorption can be related to poor digestive function and high levels of ama in the system. If you notice these lines, it is best to consult with your Ayurvedic physician and address your digestion.
Colour of the nails: Yellow nails can indicate infection, liver problems, or toxins within the body. White nails can point to anaemia. Healthy nails are generally light pink in nature.
Improve the health of your nails
As previously mentioned, the health of your nails, teeth and hair are by-products of bones. Therefore, it is important to focus on diet lifestyle adaptations that support bone health. If you are prone to or experience symptoms of arthritis, joint popping, or other conditions related to bone health it is important to stick to a Vata pacifying diet and routine.
· Refrain from excess dry and cold foods and eat healthy fats, such as ghee
· Stick to a daily routine!
· Try eating sesame seeds every morning 😋They are rich in calcium, which will support bone health.
· Meditation, pranayama, and gentle yoga 🧘🏻♀️
· Massage your nails and cuticles with black seed sesame oil or almond oil
To inquire further, you are welcome to email us at email@example.com. From the Lakshmi team, have a beautiful day!💛🌸
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.