While in India I have been having Golden Milk each night before going to bed. Usually I wake up multiple times throughout the night but as I continue to drink the milk I’m sleeping deeper and waking up more refreshed. The milk comes from the Ashram I am staying, at the Goshala cowshed where they protect and nurture cows. Cows are considered sacred and they’re never sold or abandoned, given space to roam, and the milk tastes heavenly!
Golden milk is a drink consumed to help balance the doshas, promote healthy sleeping patterns, improve arthritis, and boost the memory. Turmeric is the spice used to make the drink golden in colour. Considered an anupana, milk helps carry herbs and medicines, such as Turmeric, deep within the channels of the body. Try making this recipe before bed to help relax into sleep.
1. Place the turmeric powder in a saucepan. Slowly add the water and heat the mixture until it becomes a paste. Stir regularly and be careful not to burn!
2. Once the turmeric has become a paste, add the milk.
3. Stir and heat without boiling.
4. Add the ghee and cinnamon.
5. Warm the mixture until it starts to steam.
6. If using jaggery, you can add it straight away. If you’re using honey, wait until the milk has slightly cooled and add to drink.
If you do not drink cows milk you can use an alternative nut milk of your preference. Try adding the Lakshmi Organic and Biodynamic Ghee to make your Golden Milk even more tasty! Our best-selling item, the ghee is made on the auspicious full moon from the highest quality butter.
Enjoy your milk this evening and sleep well 😊
With love, Kelsey.
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.