Changing of the Seasons – Welcome Autumn!
As the season of Autumn settles upon us, the qualities of Vata dryness and roughness, cold, subtlety and mobility increase. Therefore, we need to incorporate more nourishing, warming, stable, and routine activities in our lives.
Routine is particularly important for balancing the doshas, especially individuals with more Vata in their constitution or those experiencing a Vata imbalance. We advise following these guidelines:
• Establish a consistent time to wake up, exercise, eat meals and go to bed. This helps to calm the nervous system, which is important during the Autumn season.
• Perform a daily oil massage with warm black seed sesame oil.
• Practice 10 minutes of silent meditation in the morning to calm the mind.
• Keep the body moving by practicing grounding yoga postures.
Favour foods that are nourishing, moist and grounding. Warming spices and freshly cooked food will help keep the agni strong and digestion regular. Use oil and ghee and favour sweet, sour and salty tastes, which balance the Vata dosha. Refrain from eating raw, cold and light food.
It is always best to consult with an Ayurvedic physician before taking herbs. However, these herbs are generally recommended to promote stability during the Vata season.
Our EBook offers extended information about routine, yoga, pranayama, and recipes great for the Autumn season. It is available on our online shop.
You are welcome to email us at email@example.com to call 0406 810 547 with any questions regarding improving your Autumn seasonal routine. Keep warm, nourish your mind and your body, and set your daily routine.
Have a beautiful day, with love from your Lakshmi Team.
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.