Join us on Saturday for our community Yoga class at 7.30am with Talu in our beautiful Yoga garden.
HALASANA (PLOUGH POSTURE)
This posture has a balancing effect on the three doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) and is beneficial to
+ maintain the flexibility of the spinal column
+supplies fresh blood to the brain which is beneficial for the memory and eyesight
+ for the endocrine glands and the thyroid
+massage lungs, heart and abdomen
+clears Kapha aggravation, reduces body weight, stabilises emotions
Don’t practice this posture if you are suffering from a head injury, glaucoma, high blood pressure, migraine, cervical spondylosis, vertigo, spinal injuries, during menstruation, pregnancy or until 6 months after any surgery
Duration of this asana: 3- 5 minutes
How to do the pose:
1. Lie on back, legs outstretched, feet together, palms facing down
2. Inhale, hold the breath, raise both legs together up to a right angle, exhale
3. Breathing evenly, raise legs up over the head, bringing the hands to the waist to support the body
4. Slowly try to bring the legs past the head and touch the ground in front of it with the toes
5. To advance the pose, the arms can rest straight along the floor, behind the back with the palms facing down, or place the hands on the head with fingers clasped.
6. To release, bring hands back to the waist level
7. Inhale, and slowly raise the legs back into a straight position above the head then slowly uncurl the back returning the body to the floor and exhale, with arms returning to the sides of the body
8. Legs remain at right angle position – inhale, hold the breath, and slowly lower the legs to the floor.
With love from Lakshmi Ayurveda
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.