A Lakshmi Team favourite, these Bindi Balls are absolutely delicious!
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp ajwain seeds
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds and/or cashews
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup besan flour (chickpea)
- 1/2 cup LSA mix
- 1/2 cup chopped dates, raisins or sultanas
- 2/3 cup ground jaggery
- In a frying pan dry roast the spices.
- Grind the roasted spices.
- Chop the almonds and then dry roast them.
- Dry roast the sesame seeds.
- Add ghee to the pan, add LSA mix and then the buckwheat and spelt flour. Toast until you get a toasted smell. Add besan flour and continue to toast.
- Remove the pan from the head. Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cool the mixture for 30 minutes and then roll into small balls.
- Place in the fridge.
Stay turned for the Lakshmi Team EBook to be released soon! The book is full of other delicious recipes for your enjoyment.