Dosa is a type of pancake traditionally from the southern part of India. It’s one of my favourite dishes and I hope you enjoy the recipe.
Green peas and oats pancake (Mattar masala dosa)
This is super delicious and very easy to prepare.
Makes 6 pancakes
• 1 ¾ cups oats powdered
• 6 tablespoons black gram powdered
• 1 cup water
• ½ cup green peas cooked
• ¼ cup onion chopped
• ¼ cup carrots grated
• ¼ tsp fennel powder
• ¼ tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp pepper powdered
• ¼ tsp turmeric powdered
• ¼ tsp coriander powdered
• ¼ tsp mustard seeds
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 2 tsp sesame oil or ghee
• Salt to taste
1. Prepare dosa batter by mixing powdered oats and black gram with 1 ¾ cups water and salt. Mix well and keep aside overnight.
2. For the filling: Sauté the mustard seeds and fennel in ghee. Add onions and sauté further, then add carrots, green peas and cook. When cooked add ginger paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt and cook further on medium flame.
3. Add lime juice and cook for one more minute
4. Keep aside
5. Preheat frying pan on medium heat. Add small amount of thee. Take a scoop ladle full of batter and pour in the middle of the pan. Quickly will with ladle outwards to spread the batter and form a thin circular pancakes. I prefer really thin.
6. Pour a few drops of ghee on top. Place a portion of the filling in the centre of the pancake and fold over
7. Your pea pancake is ready
With Love your Lakshmi Ayurveda team.