Vati is a preparation where different medicinal substances are used to make tablets (vati) and pills (gutika). This is done either by cooking the powdered herbs with jaggery or guggulu or without cooking by macerating the powder with any liquid like honey and guggulu and then rolled into pills. They are made of one or more drugs of a plant, animal or mineral origin.
At Lakshmi’s kitchen we have prepared Eladi Vati/ Eladi Gutika
Ela/cardamon, tejapatra/bay leaves, dalchini/ cinnamon, pippali/ long pepper, sita/sugar, yasthimadhu/ licorice, dried dates, grapes and honey.
How to make it:
1. All of the first six ingredients are made into a a fine powder and kept aside (needs to be fine)
2. The dried dates and grapes are ground into a paste with a mortar and pestle
3. Then the fine powder is added and mixed uniformly
4. Add the honey and again mix well
5. The content is mad into little pills
6. The pills should be dried out (best in sunlight).
Best to prepare at the end of summer to be prepared for the season change (autumn/winter).
Relief cough and cold, fever, hiccup, vomiting, fainting, bleeding disorder (nose bleeding), spleen disorder, horse voice, loss of taste and this tablets are nourishing and calming.
Fresh prepared Eladi vati are available at Lakshmi Ayurveda. A natural approach to relief your cough and cold. Prepared with 100% organic ingredients.
For any questions or if you would like to try some please visit us at Lakshmi Ayurveda.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Wishing you a cough and cold free season!
Much Love the Lakshmi Ayurveda team 🙂