Vati is a preparation where different medicinal substances are used to make tablets (vati) and pills (gutika). This is done either by cooking the powdered herbs with jaggery or guggulu or without cooking by macerating the powder with any liquid like honey and guggulu and then rolled into pills. They are made of one or more drugs of a plant, animal or mineral origin.
At Lakshmi’s kitchen we have prepared Eladi Vati/ Eladi Gutika
Ela/cardamon, tejapatra/bay leaves, dalchini/ cinnamon, pippali/ long pepper, sita/sugar, yasthimadhu/ licorice, dried dates, grapes and honey.
How to make it:
1. All of the first six ingredients are made into a a fine powder and kept aside (needs to be fine)
2. The dried dates and grapes are ground into a paste with a mortar and pestle
3. Then the fine powder is added and mixed uniformly
4. Add the honey and again mix well
5. The content is mad into little pills
6. The pills should be dried out (best in sunlight).
Best to prepare at the end of summer to be prepared for the season change (autumn/winter).
Relief cough and cold, fever, hiccup, vomiting, fainting, bleeding disorder (nose bleeding), spleen disorder, horse voice, loss of taste and this tablets are nourishing and calming.
Fresh prepared Eladi vati are available at Lakshmi Ayurveda. A natural approach to relief your cough and cold. Prepared with 100% organic ingredients.
For any questions or if you would like to try some please visit us at Lakshmi Ayurveda.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Wishing you a cough and cold free season!
Much Love the Lakshmi Ayurveda team 🙂
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.