[slideshow]Nasya is the procedure in which medications are administered through the nostrils in order to purify the head and neck region
Su. Chi 40/41
The medicines which are used for this treatment include oil (most common), powders, paste, swarasa (plant juices), decoctions and smoke.
Nasa hi shiraso dwaram – this means the nose is the doorway to the head and mind. Being the gateway to the head, Nasya treatment is very effective in the treatment of sense organs and ailments above the neck.
Many of the nerves emanating from the head have their ends extended to the inner nose, thus the medicines applied there can effectively spread their potency to the entire head and to some parts of the body
Naysa is devided into three types
1. Virechana (purgative)
which drains out the doshas in the nasal passage and the throat and relieves the head of its heaviness. Ideal for headaches related to Kapha dosha, dullness, sinus congestion and nasal polyps.
2. Brimhana (nourishing)
This type is more effective in Vata and Pitta conditions.
Migraines, dryness of the mouth and nose, speech impediments, eye disease, tinnitus, insomnia, cervical spondylitis, paralysis, dementia, macular degeneration, trigeminal neuralgia, tension headaches.
3. Shamana (palliative)
This is very useful in premature greying of the hair, chronic eye disease, skin patches, hyper pigmentation, alopecia and hair loss.
Duration of the treatment: 7-14 days
Time of administration: the time of nasya treatment is altered to suit the dosha and the season.
If Kapha is extremely excited, nasya should be done before 10am, In pitta cases – midday is best and in vata cases – evening.
The procedure involves a gentle massage on shoulders, neck, forehead and face followed by a mild herbal steam before the administration of the the slightly warm oil which is instilled in each nostril.
After the completion of the treatment it is advised to gargle and follow with the inhalation of medicinal smoke (Dhumapana).
What are the Benefits of Naysa
1. Regular use can prevent disease of the ear, nose, throat and head
2. Effective treatment of hair loss, premature greying and skin conditions.
3. Strengthening of the sense organs
4. Highly useful in women disorders
5. Diseases like common cold, migraine, headache, facial paralysis, etc. can be alleviated.
For more information or to book an appointment contact email@example.com
* 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘎𝘈. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘨𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘈𝘺𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘯. 𝘞𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘺, 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴.